I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Mine was oh so busy, but what's new? I feel like I say that every Monday.
This weekend I celebrated life with friends on a party bus, celebrated my bestie's birthday on Saturday and today I was able to catch up on grocery shopping and food- prepping for this coming week!
Well, I have great news- week 2 on this grain free lifestyle has put my weightloss down over 6 pounds! Another 3.5 pounds this week!
- I feel way more energized.
- My skin is cleared up! It's amazing!
- I sleep so much better. I literally didn't wake up once when I fell asleep.
I have been doing more and more research on what I am putting in my body and how it effects what. It's amazing to learn how many chemicals/ "not-natural" food I have been putting in my body for far too long!
My body is definitely still in detox mode. I am finding I get slightly moody when I am craving the "bad stuff" like grains and sugars. Letting go of sugars has been the hardest thing because I am obsessed with chocolate! But I have discovered a great thing called stevia that I will drink with a little tea to help me get rid of the craving. Also, fruit helps.
I had a tiny bit of frozen yogurt on Thursday to "treat" myself and that little bit put me over the edge! I am happy about it because that shows that my body is rejecting the processed sugars! Yay! Ha ha!
I have also been adding some supplements in my diet to help with the change in lifestyle:
1. I added a probiotic to help with my digestive system. I take it on an empty stomach when I wake up in the am.
2. I started taking Physillium Husks twice daily. This is a natural fiber supplement that helps with digestion. Its a great natural detox!
3. I just started taking bentonite clay that is a natural healing clay that helps the body absorb toxins. I will be taking this once to twice daily with meals. We will see if it helps!
Overall, I am still in full throttle for grain free. I haven't seen this big of a change in me in a long time. I know i said I was going to exercise everyday this week, but it ended up only being about 3 times (zumba/cardio, more cardio, and yoga) and I still was seeing weightloss.
What supplements have helped you stay on track with your lifestyle change? Any tips for a newbie like me??
Have a good Monday!